converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode - Websphere

This is a discussion on converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode - Websphere ; Hi, I am using 64 bit WAS 6.1 on AIX. Is there any setting which i can use it to convert this version to run in 32 bit mode? Thanks...

  1. converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode

    Hi,

    I am using 64 bit WAS 6.1 on AIX. Is there any setting which i can use it to convert this version to run in 32 bit mode?

    Thanks

  2. Re: converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode

    I don't think there is a way to do that.

    Just wanted to know, Is there any reason why do you want to make WAS 32 bit compatable ?

    Regards,

    KKR

  3. Re: converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode

    Hi, we are actually getting an error in application "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: soulj (Could not load module /mware/soul/lib/libsoulj.a. The module has an invalid magic number."

    An invalid magic number for a module implies that there is a 32-bit to 64-bit missmatch. The problem appears to be that libsoulj.a is a 32-bit library and we are trying to load it from 64-bit WAS.

  4. Re: converting 64 bit WAS to 32 bit mode

    Hi, Did you install the 32bit or 64bit version of WebSphere? If you installed the 32bit WebSphere on a 64bit system, you should have no problem. Otherwise, that shared object may be left over from your previous install.

    Regards,

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread