unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing" - Websphere

This is a discussion on unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing" - Websphere ; I am using RSA 7.0.0.6 with Websphere Application Server bundled with 6.1.0.12. When I am trying to add WS-Addressing tag into WSDL and generating the Javabean skeleton. I am getting the below error. Errors occurred during wsimport. error: unknown required ...

  1. unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing"

    error: unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing" (in namespace "http://www.w3.org/2006/02/addressing/wsdl")

    unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing" (in namespace "http://www.w3.org/2006/02/addressing/wsdl")

    Please help me if anyone know the solution.

    Thanks

  2. Re: unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing"

    Hi,

    The extensibility element you mention is from a draft level of the WS-Addressing WSDL Binding Specification which was never finished and was replaced by the WS-Addressing Metadata Specification, which allows you to specify the same thing using WS-Policy.

    Because of the timings of these changes and the development of the IBM JAX-WS stack, the introduction of policy sets, and after much discussion about interoperability, we did not add support for these back level elements to the JAX-WS 2.0 tooling (wsimport).

    The support for these elements remains unchanged in the JAX-RPC stack.

    Support for the WS-Addressing Metadata Specification is available in the WAS 7 beta refresh [1], and is exposed through the WS-Policy support.

    David

    [1] http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...?threadID=2114 21&tstart=0

  3. Re: unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing"

    Hi

    Thanks for the quick response. My intention in adding this "wsaw:UsingAddressing" element to WSDL is to achieve Addressing. So thru this way it is not going to happen (from your reply). When I was trying to add WS-Addressing trhu policy sets from the admin console. Even then I cannot see the (TO, FROM...) related to Addressing elements in the TCP/IP Monitor. (I tried to follow the redbook in draft version. Webservices feature pack for websphere 6.1

    http://www.redbooks. ibm.com/abstracts/sg247618.html

    Let me know is there any other way that I can add addressing support for a webservice.

    Thanks

    Srinivas Ivaturi.

  4. Re: unknown required extensibility element "wsaw:UsingAddressing"

    So policy sets are the best way to go about this, however to get WS-Addressing headers included, you have to attach a policy set including WS-Addressing to both the client and the server. I'm guessing from your post that maybe you've attached the policy set to the service but not the client?

    David

+ Reply to Thread