session data sharing across WPS & WAS different cluster instance - Websphere

This is a discussion on session data sharing across WPS & WAS different cluster instance - Websphere ; Hi, we have three application , one application running in WPS and other two applications are running in WAS. each application is running in clustered environment with load balancing. now we have a requirement to merge three application into one. ...

  1. session data sharing across WPS & WAS different cluster instance

    Hi,

    we have three application , one application running in WPS and other two applications are running in WAS. each application is running in clustered environment with load balancing. now we have a requirement to merge three application into one.

    the final application flow is , the user login in to an application, the first few pages are from portal enviroment (portlets), then remaining pages are from non-portal enviroment.

    here we need to maintain and also share the session data across portal and non portal pages.

    now we want to share the session data across differnet WPS/WAS cluster env.

    How do we share the session data ?.. Can you pls help.

    soln may be memory to memory replication or dynamic cache.

    If above is soln,will it work across different WPS/WAS cluster env with out any performance issue?.

    Rds

    Karthik

  2. Re: session data sharing across WPS & WAS different clusterinstance

    I would think dynacache is the only way. It would need to works similar to how it is described in this article

    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...02_hepper.html

  3. Re: session data sharing across WPS & WAS different clusterinstance

    Thanks Jim.

    pls help on below queries.

    Any performance issue , If use dynacache across diff cluster (any remote lookup require..) ?

    Is it possible to replicate dynacache between WPS and WAS cluster under one NDM?

  4. Re: session data sharing across WPS & WAS different clusterinstance

    I assume you mean these are different clusters, not the same. As for that I am not positive. for performance I am not sure what is avaialbe, but portal itself uses dynacache to replicate its internal caches around the cluster to keep everything in sycnh

  5. Re: session data sharing across WPS & WAS different clusterinstance

    I think not that you really want to share the whole session data using Dynacache.

    I'm not 100% sure but if you use WAS session replication you should be possible to confiure WAS to have the Session be available between both Appservers by the JSESSIONID provided by the client browser.

    But to have this all done the right way I recommend to have ISSW look over the environment you have and come up with a solution.

  6. Re: session data sharing across WPS & WAS different clusterinstance

    Thanks, want to share some customer data only across the env. what is that ISSW?

    can you pls give more details?

+ Reply to Thread