Session data sharing across different WPS/WAS cluster env - Websphere

This is a discussion on Session data sharing across different WPS/WAS cluster env - Websphere ; Hi, we have three application , one application running in WPS and other two applications are running in WAS. each application is running in clustered environment with load balancing. now we have a requirement to merge three application into one. ...

  1. Session data sharing across different WPS/WAS cluster env

    Hi,

    we have three application , one application running in WPS and other two applications are running in WAS. each application is running in clustered environment with load balancing. now we have a requirement to merge three application into one.

    the final application flow is , the user login in to an application, the first few pages are from portal enviroment (portlets), then remaining pages are from non-portal enviroment.

    here we need to maintain and also share the session data across portal and non portal pages.

    now we want to share the session data across differnet WPS/WAS cluster env.

    How do we share the session data ?.. Can you pls help.

    soln may be memory to memory replication or dynamic cache.

    If above is soln,will it work across different WPS/WAS cluster env with out any performance issue?.

    Rds

    Karthik

  2. Re: Session data sharing across different WPS/WAS cluster env

    karthikeyan.velayudam@citi.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > we have three application , one application running in WPS and other
    > two applications are running in WAS. each application is running in
    > clustered environment with load balancing. now we have a requirement
    > to merge three application into one.

    That's not a requirement, it's a design decision.

    > the final application flow is , the user login in to an application,
    > the first few pages are from portal enviroment (portlets), then
    > remaining pages are from non-portal enviroment.
    >

    > here we need to maintain and also share the session data across
    > portal and non portal pages.
    >

    > now we want to share the session data across differnet WPS/WAS
    > cluster env.
    >

    > How do we share the session data ?.. Can you pls help.

    The easy answer is, don't use HTTP session, write state data to your own
    custom Database.

    > soln may be memory to memory replication or dynamic cache.
    >

    > If above is soln,will it work across different WPS/WAS cluster env
    > with out any performance issue?.

    There is only one way to know if there will be performance issues, and
    that is to do performance testing.

+ Reply to Thread