Enabling Application Groups - How to implements Groups DB/Readyonly LDAP - Websphere

This is a discussion on Enabling Application Groups - How to implements Groups DB/Readyonly LDAP - Websphere ; Hi, I am trying to set the portal to authenticate from a read-only ldap server (used as the user registry), and create application groups locally. However, application groups don't seem to work. I changed the appropriate configuration files and restarted ...

  1. Enabling Application Groups - How to implements Groups DB/Readyonly LDAP

    Hi,

    I am trying to set the portal to authenticate from a read-only ldap server (used as the user registry), and create application groups locally. However, application groups don't seem to work.

    I changed the appropriate configuration files and restarted the server (as instructed by http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...app_group.html). However, after the application groups were supposedly enabled, nothing really happened, and everytime I try to create a group, it connects to the read-only ldap server and of course fails.

    1. Do I need to code something as the application groups adapter ?

    2. Any special database structure is required ?

    3. Any sample code ?

    Please help.

    Thank you

  2. Re: Enabling Application Groups - How to implements Groups DB/Readyonly LD

    In the doc is ony thing missing.

    The current steps you have used are creating Application Groups environment, but your DB is empty and the Default Parent for Creation is still pointing to LDAP.

    If you would use PUMA SPI to create Groups you could write into the DB by specifying the Default Parent, but the Admin Portlets are not capable of this.

    If you only want to have Groups created in the DB you have to change in addition this in wmm.xml

    This will change the Default create ocation of Groups to the DB

+ Reply to Thread