Portal Login is very slow - Websphere

This is a discussion on Portal Login is very slow - Websphere ; Hi, While doing the performance testing of one of our portal, one issue has been logged. Portal login is taking a lot of time. I have my Portal Server integrated with SunOne LDAP for security. Each user gets authenticated from ...

  1. Portal Login is very slow

    Hi,

    While doing the performance testing of one of our portal, one issue has been logged. Portal login is taking a lot of time. I have my Portal Server integrated with SunOne LDAP for security. Each user gets authenticated from SunOne LDAP server before login. I have a jsp which takes User ID & Password & tries to login using the Login URL. It is taking lot of time. Is there any way by which we can speed up this login process.

    Reagrds,

    Rohit Gupta

  2. Re: Portal Login is very slow

    Hi

    There are multiple ways for tuning the connection and lookup for authentication, but I'm not sure if I understood your scenario.

    Did I understand correct that befor the Requests comes to Portal the user is already authenticated? If this is true I would recommend to look into the TAI infrastructure of WebSphere Application Server to get this information and not reestablish the security context.

    If this is not the case the details about your setup would be needed as there are mulitple possible areas. The most possible is that the Lookup of the Group Membership is done based on a LDAP search and not via MemberOf

  3. Re: Portal Login is very slow

    Hi Stefan,

    In our scenario, we are authenticating the same user at two levels. First The user is getting authenticated at SunOne Web Server level. Once the user is authenticated, he/she gets authenticated by Portal also. This is a workaround as SunOne Directory Server & Websphere Portal Server v6.0 cannot be integrated as of now. Once the user is authenticated at SunOne Web Server level, he/she is redirected to jsp residing at /profiles/ /installedApps/ /wps.ear/wps.war/jsp . This jsp tries to Login using the WebSphere Portal login URL i.e. : /wps/portal/cxml/04_SD9ePMtCP1I800I_KydQvyHFUBADPmuQy.

    We are passing the following three parameters with the URL

    userid, password, selectionID

    We have enabled Portal security with SunOne LDAP by running the task "WPSconfig enable-security-ldap".

    Search is happening using LDAP search. But we are not aware how to change it to MemberOf.

    Regards,

    Rohit Gupta

+ Reply to Thread