Rushed messages by MQ client - Websphere

This is a discussion on Rushed messages by MQ client - Websphere ; Hi, I developed mq client program using VC++. It has been running without any problem for long time. However, the other days, one of our client PC suddenly seemed to be out of control and happened to rush the MQ ...

  1. Rushed messages by MQ client

    Hi,

    I developed mq client program using VC++. It has been running without any problem for long time.

    However, the other days, one of our client PC suddenly seemed to be out of control and happened to rush the MQ messages (MQPUT) to the server.

    Of course, anything may happen in the Windows world.

    So I don't want to investigate the reason deeply, but I want to find the way to protect this phenomenon.

    Are there any ways to protect the server from the rushed MQ messages or force the MQ client not to rush the messages?

    I appreciate if anybody who has ideas.

    The followings are the System Environment:

    WebSphere MQ Version: 6.0

    Server: MS Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Service Pack 1

    Client: MS Windows 2000 Professional SP4

    Thanks in advance,

    S.Tsuji

  2. Re: Rushed messages by MQ client

    Are there any ways to protect the server from the rushed MQ messages or force the MQ client not to rush the messages?

    No, MQ will always try to queue and deliver messages as fast as it can. If you want to slow it down you will need to build a delay into the applications.

+ Reply to Thread