Problem deploying a new theme - Websphere

This is a discussion on Problem deploying a new theme - Websphere ; I am facing a strange problem with themes in my local server. I created my own theme and copied it to the directory below was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/ It was working fine for me. I was able to create pages and add the ...

  1. Problem deploying a new theme

    I am facing a strange problem with themes in my local server.

    I created my own theme and copied it to the directory below was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/

    It was working fine for me. I was able to create pages and add the new theme to the pages and everything was working fine as expected.

    Suddenly it started behaving wierd. The login page come with out the login portlet.

    I tried to remove the the theme that Installed and gave a try and it was working fine with the default theme.

    Then I started trying different ways.

    I installed a the new server. I copied the IBM theme and renamed it and placed it in the same folder was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/

    I did not even create the theme in the administration.

    when I try to open the portal from my browser. Its the same issue. The login portlet is not getting loaded.

    Its working fine if I romove my themes directory from the themes folder

    There are no errors in any of the log files.

    Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue. Its very urgent for me. ITs killing all my time from 2 days

    Thanks in Advance

    Amar.

  2. Re: Problem deploying a new theme

    what version of portal is this?

    what does the html look like?

    Jim

  3. Re: Problem deploying a new theme

    Amar,
    This new theme deployment can be a little difficult. It seems at times
    that Portal takes its time before fully accept the new theme.
    First, I would enable the automatic JSP reloading if this is a test
    environment (you probably did it already).
    Second try to follow the directions from the Infocenter to proper
    deploy a theme (not just copying the theme folder over), which works
    but if you have to update the Portal you will lose all
    customizations.
    Third, restart the Portal before testing the new theme (if you
    followed or not the first and second options) and keep on eye on you
    log files. Enabling the automatic JSP reloading will make unnecessary
    the Portal restart, but it is not always working properly.
    I hope this helps,
    Gabriel

    On Jun 27, 11:37*am, amar.pas...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am facing a strange problem with themes in my local server.
    >
    > I created my own theme and copied it to the *directory below was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/
    >
    > It was working fine for me. I was able to create pages and add the new theme to the pages and everything was working fine as expected.
    >
    > Suddenly it started behaving wierd. The login page come with out the loginportlet.
    >
    > I tried to remove the the theme that Installed and gave a try and it was working fine with the default theme.
    >
    > Then I started trying *different ways.
    >
    > I installed a the new server. I copied the IBM theme and renamed it and placed it in the same folder was_profile_root/installedApps/cellname/wps.ear/wps.war/themes/
    >
    > I did not even create the theme in the administration.
    >
    > when I try to open the portal from my browser. *Its the same issue. The login portlet is not getting loaded.
    >
    > Its working fine if I romove my themes directory from the themes folder
    >
    > There are no errors in any of the log files.
    >
    > Can anyone please help me to resolve this issue. Its very urgent for me. ITs killing all my time from 2 days
    >
    > Thanks in Advance
    >
    > Amar.

+ Reply to Thread