FMC31000E A database error occurred. SQL code: -998 - Websphere

This is a discussion on FMC31000E A database error occurred. SQL code: -998 - Websphere ; Hi I have creaed two profiles FMC and FMCZ under FMCSYS and FMCGRP with two different DB instances connecting to FMCDB(FMC profile is connecting to FMCDB) and FMCDBZ(FMCZ profile is connecting to FMCDBZ) respectively. Creation of profiles is successful but ...

  1. FMC31000E A database error occurred. SQL code: -998

    Hi

    I have creaed two profiles FMC and FMCZ under FMCSYS and FMCGRP with two different DB instances connecting to FMCDB(FMC profile is connecting to FMCDB) and FMCDBZ(FMCZ profile is connecting to FMCDBZ) respectively.

    Creation of profiles is successful but when I start MQ workflow with FMC profile it is running fine, and when I start the MQworkflow with FMCZ profile I got the following error, Could any one help me to resolve this.

    Report creation = 06/27/08 04:42:04 PM

    Related message = FMC31020E The server could not be started.

    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drve/lbld/v360/solaris/objsopt/db2cs/fmcdbac1/fmcdbsvs.cxx, Line=3657, Function=NA

    Error data = FmcSQLException, Sqlcode=-998, Sqlerrmc=9, Sqlerrp=SQLXAPI , Sqlerrd[0]=0, Sqlerrd[1]=9, Sqlerrd[2]=0, Sqlerrd[3]=0, Sqlerrd[4]=0, Sqlerrd[5]=0, Sqlwarn= , Sqlstate=58005

    WebSphere MQ Workflow 3.6 Error Report

    Report creation = 06/27/08 04:42:04 PM

    Related message = FMC31000E A database error occurred. SQL code: -998.

    Error location = File=/projects/fmc/drve/lbld/v360/solaris/src/fmcssrva.cxx, Line=868, Function=NA

    Error data = FmcExtException, MsgID=31000, MsgParam=-998, , , , , , ,

    Thanks in advance

    mulumudi

  2. Re: FMC31000E A database error occurred. SQL code: -998

    Hi, from the MQWF readme:

    If using DB2 8.1 FP7a or DB2 8.2 on Windows, you might get problems
    when starting the MQ Workflow administration server. If you receive
    an
    SQL 998 Reasoncode 9, but no subcode, then there might be a
    permission
    problem between DB2 and WebSphere MQ. To fix this, you must make the
    WebSphere
    MQ administration user ID MUSR_MQADMIN a member of the DB2 users
    group
    (e.g. DB2USERS) or, if that group does not exist, make the user ID a
    member
    of the Administrators group.
    After changing the permissions you need to reboot your machine.

    Although you seem to have Solaris, this might point to the right
    direction.

    Volker Hoss
    WebSphere Process Server Development

+ Reply to Thread