Sending a file as message attachments using Websphere MQ Java/JMS - Websphere

This is a discussion on Sending a file as message attachments using Websphere MQ Java/JMS - Websphere ; Hi, I am using Websphere MQ Java/JMS API to send messages to remote queue manager. I can able to send messages successfully. Now we got some additional business requirement, and for that i need to send some pdf files as ...

  1. Sending a file as message attachments using Websphere MQ Java/JMS

    Hi,

    I am using Websphere MQ Java/JMS API to send messages to remote queue manager. I can able to send messages successfully. Now we got some additional business requirement, and for that i need to send some pdf files as an attachements along with the messages.

    Send me some sample examples or useful url links to perform this operation.

    -sri

  2. Re: Sending a file as message attachments using Websphere MQ Java/JMS

    If you read about 5 items down in this forum, you'll see some discussion
    about file transfer using MQ. Essentially, MQ is NOT a file transfer
    product, but a messaging product. This leaves you with a few choices:
    1/ Write your own code using MQ to slice a file (eg. your PDF) into pieces
    on the sending side, and then some code to glue it together on the receiving
    side.
    2/ You can use the IBM supplied "demo" programs to do just that - these are
    the programs referred to a few appends down, that as I recall are only
    available on Linux and Windows. And the source code is not supplied. This
    code really is just for a fun demo... not very industrialized.
    3/ You can purchase several products on the market that do serious,
    industrial-strength, fully managed file transfers over MQ. IBM sells one
    called PM4Data. There are others. PM4Data is excellent, but it's a product
    that you pay for.

    --
    Carl

  3. Re: Sending a file as message attachments using Websphere MQJava/JMS

    MQ messages can't have attachments. The PDF needs to be included in the message data somehow (its your choice as to how you do it). Another possibility is a "reference message" which does not contain the PDF itself, but a reference (URL, path) to where the PDF can be found by the receiving app.

+ Reply to Thread