redirect image path - - Websphere

This is a discussion on redirect image path - - Websphere ; Hi, I need some help redirecting path for images in http server. we have old server as catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif Also has same images on www.newhost.com/images/12/12.gif At this time images are pointing to catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif on www.newhost.com in product center. I would like ...

  1. redirect image path -

    Hi,

    I need some help redirecting path for images in http server.

    we have old server as catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif

    Also has same images on www.newhost.com/images/12/12.gif

    At this time images are pointing to catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif on www.newhost.com in product center.

    I would like to point to www.newhost.com/images/12/12.gif using rewrite in httpd.

    Can you please help me?

    Tony

  2. Re: redirect image path -

    narra_anu@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Hi,

    > I need some help redirecting path for images in http server.
    >
    > we have old server as catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif
    >
    > Also has same images on www.newhost.com/images/12/12.gif
    >
    > At this time images are pointing to catalog.something.com/images/12/12.gif on www.newhost.com in product center.
    >
    > I would like to point to www.newhost.com/images/12/12.gif using rewrite in httpd.

    The only place you can rewrite from is on catalog.something.com -- it's
    the only server your client will be sending requests to. mod_rewrite
    cannot change the links in your HTML.

    You can redirect from catalog.something.com, but you probably don't want
    that:

    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} www.newhost.com
    RewriteRule ^/(images/.*) http:/www.newhost.com/$1 [R=301]