WAS 6.1 + LDAP - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 + LDAP - Websphere ; Ok so I have about 8 WAS servers in a test enviornment, each independent of the other. I have configured LDAP integration on 6 of them using the provided instructions for Maximo 6.2 and the WAS admin guides. On 2 ...

  1. WAS 6.1 + LDAP

    Ok so I have about 8 WAS servers in a test enviornment, each
    independent of the other. I have configured LDAP integration on 6 of
    them using the provided instructions for Maximo 6.2 and the WAS admin
    guides. On 2 servers however I cannot seem to get LDAP to work
    properly. I am using the same settings on each server (via copy/
    paste) the config validates however I cannot add any users to the
    Console Users, or groups the Console Groups. Nor will the application
    map to any LDAP users/groups.

    I am getting the following errors:
    SECJ0352E: Could not get the users matching the pattern maxadmin
    because of the following exception {1}.
    SECJ0350E: Could not get the uniqueId of the user maxadmin.

    It appears to be a filter issue, but I am perplexed since the same
    config works on 6 other machines.

    This is Websphere running on Windows 2003 Standard R2 connected to
    Windows 2003 AD.

    Any assistance is appreciated.

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 + LDAP

    On 27 jun, 16:47, RVSp...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Ok so I have about 8 WAS servers in a test enviornment, each
    > independent of the other. *I have configured LDAP integration on 6 of
    > them using the provided instructions for Maximo 6.2 and the WAS admin
    > guides. *On 2 servers however I cannot seem to get LDAP to work
    > properly. *I am using the same settings on each server (via copy/
    > paste) the config validates however I cannot add any users to the
    > Console Users, or groups the Console Groups. *Nor will the application
    > map to any LDAP users/groups.
    >
    > I am getting the following errors:
    > SECJ0352E: Could not get the users matching the pattern maxadmin
    > because of the following exception {1}.
    > SECJ0350E: Could not get the uniqueId of the user maxadmin.
    >
    > It appears to be a filter issue, but I am perplexed since the same
    > config works on 6 other machines.
    >
    > This is Websphere running on Windows 2003 Standard R2 connected to
    > Windows 2003 AD.
    >
    > Any assistance is appreciated.

    Hi,
    Do you have Tivoli CCMDB installed?
    Maxadmin is the name of the group, in the error message i see
    "maxadmin" and it should be capitalized: "MAXADMIN". Check for your
    search filter setting in websphere admin console.

    best regards.

  3. Re: WAS 6.1 + LDAP

    On Jun 28, 11:53*am, Cesar wrote:
    > On 27 jun, 16:47, RVSp...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Ok so I have about 8 WAS servers in a test enviornment, each
    > > independent of the other. *I have configured LDAP integration on 6 of
    > > them using the provided instructions for Maximo 6.2 and the WAS admin
    > > guides. *On 2 servers however I cannot seem to get LDAP to work
    > > properly. *I am using the same settings on each server (via copy/
    > > paste) the config validates however I cannot add any users to the
    > > Console Users, or groups the Console Groups. *Nor will the application
    > > map to any LDAP users/groups.

    > > I am getting the following errors:
    > > SECJ0352E: Could not get the users matching the pattern maxadmin
    > > because of the following exception {1}.
    > > SECJ0350E: Could not get the uniqueId of the user maxadmin.

    > > It appears to be a filter issue, but I am perplexed since the same
    > > config works on 6 other machines.

    > > This is Websphere running on Windows 2003 Standard R2 connected to
    > > Windows 2003 AD.

    > > Any assistance is appreciated.

    > Hi,
    > Do you have Tivoli CCMDB installed?
    > Maxadmin is the name of the group, in the error message i see
    > "maxadmin" and it should be capitalized: "MAXADMIN". Check for your
    > search filter setting in websphere admin console.
    >
    > best regards.- Hide quoted text -

    No, Tivoli CCMDB is not installed, and Windows AD is not case
    sensitive. I will double check my filters however, I have a feeling
    that is the culprit, I am just not sure why it works on 6
    installations, and not 2 using the same bind credentials.

    On one of the non-working installs I can create a Websphere user using
    the fully distinguished name ie cn=maxadmin,ou=users,ou=test
    users,dc=test,dc=com

+ Reply to Thread