How to find whether the page exists in the Portal server or not? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to find whether the page exists in the Portal server or not? - Websphere ; Hi, i want to know whether the page exists in the portal server or not from the servlets. for example if i type http://localhost/wps/find/academichome.academic where i have done url mapping as home/academic/simple_content. so when i type the above url it ...

  1. How to find whether the page exists in the Portal server or not?

    Hi,

    i want to know whether the page exists in the portal server or not from the servlets.

    for example if i type http://localhost/wps/find/academichome.academic

    where i have done url mapping as home/academic/simple_content. so when i type the above url it will be taken as http://localhost/wps/portal/home/aca...simple_content

    now i want to know whether the simple_content page exists under academic or not.

    in wps 4.0 we have the below methods to find the PageId which is not there 6.0.0.0

    PageGroupInstance[] pGI = PageGroupInstance.findAllNameContains(placeName) here placename='academichome'

    PageInstance[] pageInstance = PageInstance.findAllNameContains(wpsPageName);

    LinkPageGroupInstanceToPageInstance lpGI =LinkPageGroupInstanceToPageInstance.find(

    currentGroup,pageInstance i++ );

    so please let me know whether we have any alternative methods to find the same.

    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: How to find whether the page exists in the Portal server ornot?

    Hi Please provide me some help on the below situation

    As in wps4.0 iam using the below methods to find whether the page exists in portal server or not in the RequestFilter.

    PageGroupInstance[] pGI =PageGroupInstance.findAllNameContains(placeName);

    findPageID()

    LinkPageGroupInstanceToPageInstance()

    since the above methods has been deprecated, in wps6.0 please let me know some alternative way to find the same.

+ Reply to Thread