Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Spec error - Websphere

This is a discussion on Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Spec error - Websphere ; Hi All, When I try to deploy a mediation module to I get warning during deployment on my local desktop(WAS ND 6.1.0.13 and WESB 6.1.0.0 ) , but when start the application, it runs and there is no problem. Warning ...

  1. Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Spec error

    Hi All,

    When I try to deploy a mediation module to I get warning during deployment on my local desktop(WAS ND 6.1.0.13 and WESB 6.1.0.0 ) , but when start the application, it runs and there is no problem.

    Warning :

    ADMA0114W: Resource assignment with JNDI name sca/TestGen2WESB/ActivationSpec is not found within scope of module TestGen2WESBEJB with URI TestGen2WESBEJB.jar,META-INF/ejb-jar.xml deployed to target WebSphere:cell=HMURALIDNode01Cell,node=HMURALIDNod e01,server=server1.

    However when I deploy the same mediation module on a different system (WAS ND 6.1.0.15 and WESB 6.1.0.1 ) , I have a problem.

    When I try to start the application, it does not start, it throws an exception

    6/26/08 6:58:25:289 EDT 0000003c RALifeCycleMa E J2CA0052E: The lookup of the ActivationSpec with JNDI Name sca/Tes

    tGen2WESB/ActivationSpec failed due to exception javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: nasnmasdevCell02/nodes/nas

    nmasdevNode02/servers/ESB_Server1, name: sca/TestGen2WESB/ActivationSpec: First component in name ActivationSpec not fou

    nd. [Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDLmg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

    ]

    Any idea what is the problem?

  2. Re: Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Specerror

    muralihegde wrote:

[...]

    Any idea what is the problem? J2C activation specification

  3. Re: Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Spec error

    There are two possible problems:

    1. The resource was not created when the application was installed. The
    warning message is normal (the resource is created after the check for
    existing resources is made). But something may have gone wrong and the
    resource may not have been created. There should have been something in the
    console log (and in the dmgr SystemOut) showing this. You can look for it
    under Resources>J2C Resource Adapters> SIB SPI ... > Activation Specs.

    2. The resource may have been created but can't be loaded during server
    startup. Look at the app server SystemOut for messages about binding
    resources soon after the server starts. If you don't see the
    sca/modulename/ActivationSpec name anywhere then the resource probably
    doesn't exist (see #1).. but you might find an error to help explain why the
    resource isn't being bound.

    --
    Stephen ****s
    WESB/WPS System Administration

    "Anant" wrote in message
    news:1560132799.1214497879623.JavaMail.wassrvr@lts gwas009.sby.ibm.com...
    > muralihegde wrote:
    >
    > Hi All,
    >

    > When I try to deploy a mediation module to I get warning during deployment
    > on my local desktop(WAS ND 6.1.0.13 and WESB 6.1.0.0 ) , but when start
    > the application, it runs and there is no problem.
    >

    > Warning :
    >

    > ADMA0114W: Resource assignment with JNDI name
    > sca/TestGen2WESB/ActivationSpec is not found within scope of module
    > TestGen2WESBEJB with URI TestGen2WESBEJB.jar,META-INF/ejb-jar.xml deployed
    > to target
    > WebSphere:cell=HMURALIDNode01Cell,node=HMURALIDNod e01,server=server1.
    >

    > However when I deploy the same mediation module on a different system (WAS
    > ND 6.1.0.15 and WESB 6.1.0.1 ) , I have a problem.
    >

    > When I try to start the application, it does not start, it throws an
    > exception
    >

    > 6/26/08 6:58:25:289 EDT 0000003c RALifeCycleMa E J2CA0052E: The lookup of
    > the ActivationSpec with JNDI Name sca/Tes
    >
    > tGen2WESB/ActivationSpec failed due to exception
    > javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: nasnmasdevCell02/nodes/nas
    >
    > nmasdevNode02/servers/ESB_Server1, name: sca/TestGen2WESB/ActivationSpec:
    > First component in name ActivationSpec not fou
    >
    > nd. [Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound:
    > IDLmg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0
    >
    > ]
    >

    > Any idea what is the problem? J2C activation specification

  4. Re: Unable to start mediation module application: Activation Specerror

    Thanks, You directed me in the right direction.

    The activation spec was not getting created automatically, because the user Id that I was using to deploy did not have the previlege to create any new resources like JMS Queues, Destination or Activation Specs.

    Once I started using the admin id to deploy, the deployment automatically created the activation specs and the application started running.It has nothing to do with the version or patch level.

+ Reply to Thread