WAS admin console with login authentication - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS admin console with login authentication - Websphere ; Hi, I have installed WAS6.1 in AIX server and it is working fine. Right now, I am getting the admin console url and it is accepting all the values. I wanted to dispaly the login page as with userid and ...

  1. WAS admin console with login authentication

    Hi,

    I have installed WAS6.1 in AIX server and it is working fine. Right now, I am getting the admin console url and it is accepting all the values.

    I wanted to dispaly the login page as with userid and password so that assigned user only can go the deployed application.

    Can any one please help me on how to display the admin concole url with login fuctionality?

    Advance Thanks for your help.

    Rama

  2. Re: WAS admin console with login authentication

    ramalink@yahoo.com escribió:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I have installed WAS6.1 in AIX server and it is working fine. Right now, I am getting the admin console url and it is accepting all the values.
    >
    > I wanted to dispaly the login page as with userid and password so that assigned user only can go the deployed application.
    >

    > Can any one please help me on how to display the admin concole url with login fuctionality?
    >

    > Advance Thanks for your help.
    >

    > Rama

    Enable security, but that won't restrict access as you intend.

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...sec_csec2.html

    --

    Juanma Martinez

  3. Re: WAS admin console with login authentication

    You may want to look at the enabling Global Security in Info center. It is documented in detail .

    Anant

  4. Re: WAS admin console with login authentication

    As others pointed, global security is the way to go to restricts access.

    There are different roles but the granularity doesn't go to the level of a
    particular application (i.e. if you can administer one application, you can
    for all).

    If you needed this granularity a solution is to make ad-hoc scripts and
    arrange access with file system permissions.

+ Reply to Thread