Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6 - Websphere ; Im running a WebSphere6 application server and was wondering whether is it possible to use the SunJCE rather than the IBMJCE that is supplied with RAD? I have downloaded the Java 1.4.2_17 SDK and copied the jce.jar, jsse.jar, rt.jar and ...

  1. Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6

    Im running a WebSphere6 application server and was wondering whether is it possible to use the SunJCE rather than the IBMJCE that is supplied with RAD?

    I have downloaded the Java 1.4.2_17 SDK and copied the jce.jar, jsse.jar, rt.jar and the sunjce_provider.jar into the WebSphere's java/jre/lib/ext directory. I have also modified the java.security file to include the Sun JCE.

    #

    List of providers and their preference orders (see above):

    #

    security.provider.1=com.sun.crypto.provider.SunJCE

    security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.P rovider

    security.provider.3=com.ibm.jsse2.IBMJSSEProvider2

    security.provider.4=com.ibm.security.jgss.IBMJGSSP rovider

    security.provider.5=com.ibm.security.cert.IBMCertP ath

    security.provider.6=com.ibm.crypto.provider.IBMJCE

    The error is happening when the code is attempting to get an KeyManagerFactory instance.

    26/06/08 14:54:07:174 BST 00000031 SystemErr R java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Class com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.KeyManagerFactoryImpl configured for KeyManagerFactory: not a KeyManagerFactory

    26/06/08 14:54:07:174 BST 00000031 SystemErr R at javax.net.ssl.SunJSSE_b.a(DashoA12275)

    26/06/08 14:54:07:174 BST 00000031 SystemErr R at javax.net.ssl.SunJSSE_b.a(DashoA12275)

    26/06/08 14:54:07:174 BST 00000031 SystemErr R at javax.net.ssl.KeyManagerFactory.getInstance(DashoA 12275)

    I have been staring at this for a few weeks now and ive got nowhere, so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it

  2. Re: Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6

    kacheung55@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > Im running a WebSphere6 application server and was wondering whether is it possible to use the SunJCE rather than the IBMJCE that is supplied with RAD?

    Why would you want to?

  3. Re: Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6

    We are using an application that has been created by a 3rd party and that application has been built around the SunJCE. I really like to just know whether it is just not possible to use the SunJCE on WebSphere?

  4. Re: Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6

    kacheung55@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > We are using an application that has been created by a 3rd party and that application has been built around the SunJCE. I really like to just know whether it is just not possible to use the SunJCE on WebSphere?

    You might want to take a look at this article.

  5. Re: Error running SunJCE on WebSphere 6

    On Jun 27, 7:28 am, Paul Ilechko wrote:
    > kacheun...@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
    > > We are using an application that has been created by a 3rd party and that application has been built around the SunJCE. I really like to just know whether it is just not possible to use the SunJCE on WebSphere?

    > You might want to take a look at this article.

    Where is the article? I am having the same issue right now.

+ Reply to Thread