Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working - Websphere

This is a discussion on Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working - Websphere ; I'm trying to deploy IBM portlets from a predeployed EAR file. After deploying the EAR with the portlet, I run an xmlaccess script for installing predeployed portlets. The script fails with the following message: status element=" web-app com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An ...

  1. Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working

    I'm trying to deploy IBM portlets from a predeployed EAR file. After deploying the EAR with the portlet, I run an xmlaccess script for installing predeployed portlets. The script fails with the following message:

    status element=" web-app

    com.ibm.wps.command.xml.XmlCommandException: EJPXA0043E: An error occurred while creating or updating the resource. web-app

    com.ibm.wps.command.applications.AppWarFileExcepti on: EJPPD0035E: The WAR file D:\PROGRA~1\IBM\WEBSPH~1\PORTAL~1\deployed\CLIENTI NG_Portlets_RSS.war could not be extracted into directory D:\PROGRA~1\IBM\WEBSPH~1\PORTAL~1\deployed\temp\CL IENTING_Portlets_RSS.war.0.

    WrappedException is: java.io.IOException: The given input stream is not an archive.

    java.io.IOException: The given input stream is not an archive.

    Setup: WP 6.0.1, WAS 6.0.2.17

    The deployment process and the script work fine with JSR 168 portlets. Is this a known limitation for IBM portlets or a bug ?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

  2. Re: Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working

    can you share the xml you are using for installing it?

  3. Re: Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working

    Here's the xmlaccess script (the script works fine when deploying JSR 168 portlets):

    file://localhost/C:/RAD7/Eclipse/runtimes/base_v6/profiles/wp_profile/installedApps/her02164/CLIENTING_PortletsEAR.ear/CLIENTING_Portlets_RSS.war

    /CLIENTING_Portlets_RSS

  4. Re: Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working

    well you are missing the predeployed="true" from the web-app tag

    should look like this

    right now it is treating it as a standard install not predeployed

  5. Re: Deployment of predeployed IBM portlets not working

    Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread