processing File Through MQ - Websphere

This is a discussion on processing File Through MQ - Websphere ; Hi All, Actually we are generating the report using the file .We are writing the records in the file and that file need to be send through MQ.Need to know can we send the file through MQ. Can we write ...

  1. processing File Through MQ

    Hi All,

    Actually we are generating the report using the file .We are writing the records in the file and that file need to be send through MQ.Need to know can we send the file through MQ.

    Can we write the whole file data to MQ or we need to read the file records one by one and write each record in the MQ?

  2. Re: processing File Through MQ

    Do you mean use MQ for file transfer/glorified FTP server? If so, then yes you can... depending on the size of the file, you may need to 'up' the 'MAXMSGL' on QMGR/Channel. Default is 4mb and hard limit is 100mb... or you can split/segment the message.

  3. Re: processing File Through MQ

    Hi,

    Our requirement is that we are generating a report in a file.We need to transfer this file to other system.The other system is connected to our system through MQ.Now we have a file having multiple records which we need to send to other system.

    We are generating the file in mainframes and that file we want to send to other system through MQ.

    Can you pls. provide me the details for the same in context of application programming or can u provide any link which can help us in this regards.

  4. Re: processing File Through MQ

    You can send files through MQ like you would a message. If your files are large and you need to send them frequently, you should also consider any performance caveats to your MQ network.

    As of v6+ (don't remember if it was on v5+), MQ also comes with a File Transfer Application which you can custom install. See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/fa22360_.htm

  5. Re: processing File Through MQ

    Oops... previous link was to v7! Here's for v6 http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/fa22360_.htm

  6. Re: processing File Through MQ

    Hi,

    First I want to give thanks for providing the details.I have opened the link it has provided me good information but i am looking specifically for mainframes.Can you provide me some examples through which it get clear to me how we can code the MQFTSND command in mainframes.

    Like MQPUT command we code in mainframes as

    CALL 'MQPUT' USING W03-HCONN

    W03-HOBJ-INQUIRY

    MQMD

    MQPMO