java.lang.LinkageError - Websphere

This is a discussion on java.lang.LinkageError - Websphere ; Can somebody help me out on this issue. I am struggling with this error last 3 days on Portal 6. My server starts fine but I can't see my login page due to the following error. None of my applications ...

  1. java.lang.LinkageError

    Can somebody help me out on this issue. I am struggling with this error last 3 days on Portal 6. My server starts fine but I can't see my login page due to the following error. None of my applications using xml.jar and I have deleted all xml.jars except one.

    com.ibm.wps.engine.Servlet init EJPFD0016E: Initialization of service failed.

    java.lang.LinkageError: Class javax/xml/transform/Source violates loader constraints: definition mismatch between parent and child loaders

    at com.ibm.wps.state.parsers.NameMapperImpl.init(Name MapperImpl.java:770)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.namemapper.NameMapperFactoryImpl .init(NameMapperFactoryImpl.java:164)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerServ ice.init(DefaultStateManagerService.java:436)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerServ ice.initContext(DefaultStateManagerService.java:53 3)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerServiceImpl .init(StateManagerServiceImpl.java:233)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.DefaultStateManagerServ ice.init(DefaultStateManagerService.java:404)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerServiceWith Hysteresis.init(StateManagerServiceWithHysteresis. java:293)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.JndiStateManagerService .init(JndiStateManagerService.java:253)

    at com.ibm.wps.state.services.StateManagerService.ini tService(StateManagerService.java:103)

    at com.ibm.wps.services.state.WPStateManagerService.i nit(WPStateManagerService.java:97)

  2. Re: java.lang.LinkageError

    have you added any libraries to the appserver lib? or anything it looks like there are jars with the same class files and it is loaded once, and then tries to get loaded somewhere else from a different jar and it fails with the error you are getting