WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation - Websphere

This is a discussion on WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation - Websphere ; Hi all. Can anyone explain me the URL generated by the Portal? (This is not a real url. It´s only a sample) http://www.domain.com/wps/portal/!ut...sdfklsdkfjshdk http://www.domain.com/wps/ (my)portal That´s clear /!ut/p The url indentifier c1 ??? 04_Sdsljfhlsd0sdfsdf879sdf9sdf908sd-_jkspdofkj908sdf8ds7f78ds7fdsf-n4e-mno-sfdsfd786ds! This seems to be the encoded ...

  1. WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation

    Hi all.

    Can anyone explain me the URL generated by the Portal?

    (This is not a real url. It´s only a sample)

    http://www.domain.com/wps/portal/!ut...sdfklsdkfjshdk

    http://www.domain.com/wps/ (my)portal

    That´s clear

    /!ut/p

    The url indentifier

    c1

    ???

    04_Sdsljfhlsd0sdfsdf879sdf9sdf908sd-_jkspdofkj908sdf8ds7f78ds7fdsf-n4e-mno-sfdsfd786ds!

    This seems to be the encoded uri. How is it generated? Can it be decoded?

    /dl2/d1/

    ??? (seems to connect the uri and the state)

    hksdfklsdkfjshdk

    The navigational state

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation

    everything after portal is what is called the rich url, it is all encoded. No there is no api to decode it, it is made up of things like render params, and state, and page history and things like that

  3. Re: WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation

    The reason for trying to understand the url is that I wanna create clean urls similar to Apache´s mod_rewrite but only for the main navigation (SEO).

  4. Re: WebSphere Portal 6.0.x URL generation

    unfortunately this is proprietary and is not disclosed. You would be better of creating url mappings and using that as your main navigation, bearing in mind that using them will not keep the state of the users session.

    Jim