WAS 6.1 and Iseries - Websphere

This is a discussion on WAS 6.1 and Iseries - Websphere ; If i'm using WAS 6.1 on Windows, which directory should I put jt400 to connect WAS and Iseries?...

  1. WAS 6.1 and Iseries

    If i'm using WAS 6.1 on Windows, which directory should I put jt400 to connect WAS and Iseries?

  2. Re: WAS 6.1 and Iseries

    On Jun 25, 10:07*am, aslan...@yahoo.com wrote:
    > If i'm using WAS 6.1 on Windows, which directory should I put jt400 to connect WAS and Iseries?

    The same place you would put any other Jar you need to use in your
    application. There is nothing special about jt400

  3. Re: WAS 6.1 and Iseries

    I'm assuming you'll be using it for a data source.

    You can put in in any directory. Just make sure you update your WebSphere variables for the JDBC driver location.

    In our case, we created a directory at the base install of WAS called JDBCDrivers, with a sub sirectory called iSeries and put the jt400.jar and db2_classes.jar files in there, and finally referenced that directory in the OS400 JDBC variables.

  4. Re: WAS 6.1 and Iseries

    Yes it is for a data source. How do I update WebSphere variables for the JDBC driver location and reference the directory in the OS400 JDBC variables?

  5. Re: WAS 6.1 and Iseries

    From the WAS admin console do the following:

    1. Expand 'Environment' from the left navigation panel.

    2. Select 'WebSphere Variables'.

    3. From the variable list, select 'OS400 NATIVE JDBC DRIVER PATH'.

    4. Enter a value that is the direct path to the jt400.jar file. Example: C:\WebSphere\JDBCPROVIDERS\iSeries

    Click on OK.

    5. From the variable list, select 'OS400 TOOLBOX JDBC DRIVER PATH'.

    6. Enter the same value you entered in step 4 and click on OK.

    7. Save the config

    8. You may need to recycle your server/servers for the change to take effect.

    Hope this helps........

+ Reply to Thread