runmqdlq API in MQ 6.0.2.3 - Websphere

This is a discussion on runmqdlq API in MQ 6.0.2.3 - Websphere ; RUNMQDLQ SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE FIRSTQM REASON(*) ACTION(FWD) FWDQ(FIRSTQM.LOCALQ) FWDQM(FIRSTQM) ^Z 2008-06-23 18.27.04 AMQ8708: Dead-letter queue handler started to process INPU TQ(SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE). After this it hang and i could not give second ctrl-Z key. hence was not able to move the message. Can ...

  1. runmqdlq API in MQ 6.0.2.3

    RUNMQDLQ SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE FIRSTQM

    REASON(*) ACTION(FWD) FWDQ(FIRSTQM.LOCALQ) FWDQM(FIRSTQM)

    ^Z

    2008-06-23 18.27.04 AMQ8708: Dead-letter queue handler started to process INPU

    TQ(SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE).

    After this it hang and i could not give second ctrl-Z key. hence was not able to move the message.

    Can anyone tell me where i am wrong.Please note i am using Websphere MQ 6.0.2.3 ver

    Waiting for ur replies.

    Thanks,

  2. Re: runmqdlq API in MQ 6.0.2.3

    You need to set the 'WAIT' parameter to 'no' - inputqm('$mqmgr') inputq('$dlq_name') wait(no). I think by default the wait param is set to yes if not set/passed, so the DLQ handler waits indefinately.

    See http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...c/fa14030_.htm

  3. Re: runmqdlq API in MQ 6.0.2.3

    Forgot to mention, my previous reply assumes your intention is for runmqdlq to 'exit' once it has processed all the messages it knows about. Otherwise runmqdlq is working as per the way you started it (continues to wait and process messages).

+ Reply to Thread