Excessive .tmp files building within WebSphere ND V6 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Excessive .tmp files building within WebSphere ND V6 - Websphere ; Yes please. I am running WebSphere 6.0.2.11 Network Deployment (ND) version. When I start up the deployment manager (dmgr) the system begins building many .tmp files every minute on the IFS throughout the folder tree under /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/ND/profiles/dmgr/....... Here are a ...

  1. Excessive .tmp files building within WebSphere ND V6

    Yes please.

    I am running WebSphere 6.0.2.11 Network Deployment (ND) version.

    When I start up the deployment manager (dmgr) the system begins building many .tmp files every minute on the IFS throughout the folder tree under /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/ND/profiles/dmgr/.......

    Here are a few of the files that are being built every minute (xxxxx = a 5 digit number) (RTP3Webservice = Application Name):

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells = plugin-cfg.xml.xxxxx.tmp

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network = ws-security.xmlxxxxx.tmp, virtualhosts.xmlxxxxx.tmp, variables.xmlxxxxx.tmp, security.xmlxxxxx.tmp, resources-pme.xmlxxxxx.tmp, resources-pme502.xmlxxxxx.tmp, resources.xmlxxxxx.tmp, pmirm.xmlxxxxx.tmp, naming-authz.xmlxxxxx.tmp, namestore.xmlxxxxx.tmp, multibroker.xmlxxxxx.tmp, filter.policyxxxxx.tmp, coregroupbridge.xmlxxxxx.tmp, cell.xmlxxxxx.tmp, amwas.pdjlog.template.propertiesxxxxx.tmp, (and many more).

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network\applications\RTP3Webservice.ear = RTP3Webservice.earxxxxx.tmp

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network\applications\RTP3Webservice.ear \deltas\RTP3Webservice = delta-117629983694811246.tmp

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network\applications\RTP3Webservice.ear \deployments\RTP3Webservice = deployment.xmlxxxxx.tmp

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network\applications\RTP3Webservice.ear \deployments\RTP3Webservice\ME TA-INF = application.xmlxxxxx.tmp

    X:\QIBM\UserData\WebSphere\AppServer\V6\ND\profile s\dmgr\config\temp\download\c ells\ether4Network\applications\RTP3Webservice.ear \deployments\RTP3Webservice\RT P Webservice.war\META-INF = MANIFEST.MFxxxxx.tmp

    And possibly other folders, but these are the most obvious ones I found.

    I do not know what is causing this I just know that if I stop the Manager, the files quit building. I have a similiar environment on my test iSeries system and do not have this problem.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, Paul.

  2. Re: Excessive .tmp files building within WebSphere ND V6

    > When I start up the deployment manager (dmgr) the system begins building
    > many .tmp files every minute on the IFS throughout the folder tree under
    > /QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/AppServer/V6/ND/profiles/dmgr/.......

    See http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg21173367.

+ Reply to Thread