problem in using user roles in portal 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on problem in using user roles in portal 6.0 - Websphere ; I have done a simple POC of user roles .It was working fine when i was running it through RAD 7.0. But when i have exported war and deployed it on portal 6.0 , it never checks for the user ...

  1. problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    I have done a simple POC of user roles .It was working fine when i was running it through RAD 7.0.

    But when i have exported war and deployed it on portal 6.0 , it never checks for the user role.

    In My POC i have to display message for different groups , lets say if a user from Employee group login he/she will get a message (Welcome Employee).Same for the other groups.

    This POC is working fine when i am running my code from my RAD 7.0.It displays the message according to the group of user who logs in.

    But when i export the .war file of this and install it on portal server it doesnt recoznises any role or u can say any group .

    My Environment : websphere portal 6.0,RAD 7.0,IBM db2 and TDS 6.0

    My portal is configured with TDS.

    I have checked in both case like when it is configured with TDS and also in case when it si not configured with portal.In either case it is nor working .

    can any one give me solution for this??

  2. Re: problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    Hi

    I guess you have used isUserInRole for performing this action? right? or have you used different methods

  3. Re: problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    ya i have used that only .

  4. Re: problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    Have you had a look already at http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/we...03_hesmer.html

    Not sure if you used Portal or the WAS Portlet container in RAD

  5. Re: problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    As per the document u have mentioned , it says that install on the appserver.But after installing on the app server it says ,register the portlet on WebSphere Portal with the XML configuration interface. How to do that?

    can u explain little more on this point ?

  6. Re: problem in using user roles in portal 6.0

    The portal info center describes how to register pre-deployed ear files
    in portal. Have a look at this link:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../adprdplt.html

    The text also contains a reference to a sample XMLAccess file.

    Oliver

+ Reply to Thread