Changing shared libraries without restart applications? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Changing shared libraries without restart applications? - Websphere ; Hello, I have a shared library that is used by approximatelly 10 applications. This library is still in beta, so the code is changing. Every time I change the library and republish it I have to restart all related applications. ...

  1. Changing shared libraries without restart applications?

    Hello,

    I have a shared library that is used by approximatelly 10 applications. This library is still in beta, so the code is changing.

    Every time I change the library and republish it I have to restart all related applications. Is there a way to avoid it?

    Thanks,

    Andre

  2. Re: Changing shared libraries without restart applications?

    Hi, Probably not since the classes are already loaded into the heap.

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: Changing shared libraries without restart applications?

    Have 2 shared libs defined, one pointing at the old stuff, then just
    point the apps you do want to reload at the new lib, and restart
    those.

    Or do you want the JVM to dynmically pick up your new classes? What
    would it do with the old instances? (You'd have to code this behaviour
    yourself).

    (or "No", depending on how much work you want to put in)

    --
    Phil

    ad-ro...@uol.com.br wrote:
    > Hello,
    >

    > I have a shared library that is used by approximatelly 10 applications. This library is still in beta, so the code is changing.
    >

    > Every time I change the library and republish it I have to restart all related applications. Is there a way to avoid it?
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Andre

+ Reply to Thread