log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER) - Websphere

This is a discussion on log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER) - Websphere ; Hi, I have just removed the Server class path and put it in to two separate libraries like one for log4j properties path and the other for all the remaining path. When I tried to run the application in this ...

  1. log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Hi,

    I have just removed the Server class path and put it in to two separate libraries

    like one for log4j properties path and the other for all the remaining path.

    When I tried to run the application in this way it is not updating the logs which

    it was updating when it was using server classpath.

    I have only these two libraries refering to my ears.

    For which I am getting the following error immediately after the server start up.

    0000000a SystemErr R log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER).

    0000000a SystemErr R log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

    Can any one knows how to make my loggers to work again?

  2. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Sreeranganath L wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have just removed the Server class path and put it in to two separate libraries
    > like one for log4j properties path and the other for all the remaining path.
    >
    > When I tried to run the application in this way it is not updating the logs which
    > it was updating when it was using server classpath.
    >
    > I have only these two libraries refering to my ears.
    >
    > For which I am getting the following error immediately after the server start up.
    >
    > 0000000a SystemErr R log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER).
    > 0000000a SystemErr R log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
    >
    > Can any one knows how to make my loggers to work again?

    What do you mean you removed the Server class path? from what?

    Ken

  3. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger(SERVICE_LOGGER)

    I mean the server classpath is copied in to two libraries. One is for All the paths except Log4j properties path. The other is Log4j properties path. I am trying to refer these libraries in the respective ears.

  4. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Sreeranganath L wrote:
    > I mean the server classpath is copied in to two libraries. One is for All the paths except Log4j properties path. The other is Log4j properties path. I am trying to refer these libraries in the respective ears.

    I'm still not sure what you mean, but I'll take a guess...and I don't
    think you want Log4J properties attached to a shared library configured
    to an EAR. Try adding the Log4J properties shared library to the
    application server instead, as Log4J wants this at JVM startup time, not
    when WAS gets around to loading your EAR.

    You might also try http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

    Ken

  5. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger(SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Thanks for your response Ken,

    The scenario is like I have two different EARs(say A.ear & B.ear) deployed on the same WAS. At present both are logging in to the same path.

    My requirement is I want A.ear to be refer the same logging path and B.ear needs to be refered to a NEW logging location.

    Is there any way in WAS I can able to change this path..?

  6. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Sreeranganath L wrote:
    > Thanks for your response Ken,
    >

    > The scenario is like I have two different EARs(say A.ear & B.ear) deployed on the same WAS. At present both are logging in to the same path.
    >

    > My requirement is I want A.ear to be refer the same logging path and B.ear needs to be refered to a NEW logging location.
    >

    > Is there any way in WAS I can able to change this path..?

    This is a log4j question, not a WAS question. You should ask in a log4j
    forum.

    Ken

  7. Re: log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (SERVICE_LOGGER)

    Sreeranganath L wrote:
    > Thanks for your response Ken,
    >

    > The scenario is like I have two different EARs(say A.ear & B.ear) deployed on the same WAS. At present both are logging in to the same path.
    >

    > My requirement is I want A.ear to be refer the same logging path and B.ear needs to be refered to a NEW logging location.
    >

    > Is there any way in WAS I can able to change this path..?

    Code doesn't "run" under the EAR directly, right? So your EARs have WARs
    and/or EJB jars which are actually where the code runs?

    Each of those has its own classpath mechanisms, so you can place different
    log4j.properties files in the appropriate places for each. For the WARs,
    place it in WEB-INF/classes. For the EJBs, place it in the EJB jar file.

    --
    Doug

+ Reply to Thread