How to publish XML from WCM? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to publish XML from WCM? - Websphere ; Greetings, We'd like to access WCM content in an XML format. We've looked at the XML Export utility, but now would like to explore publishing XML via a template. Has anyone done this successfully? One of the obstacles appears to ...

  1. How to publish XML from WCM?

    Greetings,

    We'd like to access WCM content in an XML format. We've looked at the XML Export utility, but now would like to explore publishing XML via a template. Has anyone done this successfully? One of the obstacles appears to be ensuring that the elements are correctly encoded. I don't see any feature in the templates that accommodates encoding.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: How to publish XML from WCM?

    I've assumed UTF-8 and have not run into character encoding problems. The problems I have run into are WCM always returning data with the text/html content type header and not being able to use CDATA tags in menu components.

    I worked around the content type issue by serving the XML via a JSP which just pipes the data to an HTTP response with the application/xml content type.

    I've not come up with a way to use CDATA in menu components. The following will disappear from menu component design when saved:

    ![CDATA ]

    I think serving XML is not really facilitated by WCM at the moment, some custom code is required.

+ Reply to Thread