Re: EJB JNDI problem on WAS 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: EJB JNDI problem on WAS 6.1 - Websphere ; Sry cut off, So for the error it suggests This is often caused by having the class at a higher point in the classloader hierarchy I'm not sure how to restructure our EAR. The SessionAdapter class is in our BasicsJ2EE.jar ...

  1. Re: EJB JNDI problem on WAS 6.1

    Sry cut off,

    So for the error it suggests

    This is often caused by having the class at a higher point in the classloader hierarchy

    I'm not sure how to restructure our EAR. The SessionAdapter class is in our BasicsJ2EE.jar file which is referenced by the EJB and Web Projects and in the EAR it seems at both levels.

    Could it being at both levels cause a problem?

    The EAR project references the project the EJB needs, what else should be done? The Web project calles the EJB project, and the EJB project uses this other class from another project which isn't part of Web or EJB projects. Both web and EJB are in the same EAR as well as the other "utility" jar project in the EAR, how should this be structured?

    Do I need to change the class loader policy in any way? I think it WAS 6.1 console has a couple options:

    Class loader order Classes loaded with parent class loader first **I have this one

    Classes loaded with application class loader first

    WAR class loader policy Class loader for each WAR file in application **I have this one

    Single class loader for application

  2. Re: EJB JNDI problem on WAS 6.1

    FYI I fixed this by setting the classloader policy to Applicatino from module at the EAR project's application.xml level.

+ Reply to Thread