Hi all,

I am having some dificulties for setting up the virtualHostName property of the ibm-web-bnd.xml file when I try to deploy an EAR.

I've successfully deployed that same WAR file with the virtualHostName property set on ibm-web-bnd.xml and it could successfully reference the web application.

For me it seems like there is some differente notation when the WAR is inside an EAR. Here is the exception I get when I try to deploy it using wsadmin with the following command line:

wsadmin.bat -c "$AdminApp install {c:/temp/test-z.ear} {-appname test -cluster cluster2}" -lang jacl

error message:

WASX7209I: Connected to process "dmgr" on node cpqd050851CellManager01 using SOAP connector; The type of process is: DeploymentManager

WASX7015E: Exception running command: "$AdminApp install {c:/temp/test-z.ear} {-appname test -cluster cluster2}"; exception information:

com.ibm.ws.scripting.ScriptingException: WASX7109E: Insufficient data for install task "MapWebModToVHADMA0010E: A Validation error occurred in task Selecting virtual hosts for Web modules. A virtual host is not specified for Web module test-war with URI test-war.war,WEB-INF/web.xml."

I tried to set the id to be referenced on ibm-web-bnd.xml: on module entry for application.xml, web-uri also on application.xml and on web-app on web.xml. All of them failed with the same error message.

Does anyone knows how to solve that problem?

best regards,