Basic question about portlets 1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Basic question about portlets 1 - Websphere ; Hi, I am new to this technology and i have a very basic question: Does the container use only one portlet object per JVM, even if the same portlet is added to different pages or more than once in the ...

  1. Basic question about portlets 1

    Hi,

    I am new to this technology and i have a very basic question:

    Does the container use only one portlet object per JVM, even if the same portlet is added to different pages or more than once in the same page? How does the container differentiate between these?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Basic question about portlets 1

    In general, yes, portlets use the flyweight pattern. The container differentiates between the different portlets by namespacing each portlet "window" and making sure that the request and response objects that are passed into the portlet's service methods are specific to only one window at a time.

+ Reply to Thread