default content assigned to SiteArea is not working... - Websphere

This is a discussion on default content assigned to SiteArea is not working... - Websphere ; Hi, I am into Portal web-site intranet Application support.I need a help regarding below problem. I am displaying content from web content Management through Web Content Viewer portlet on the portal page.If the content is present in WCM then its ...

  1. default content assigned to SiteArea is not working...

    Hi,

    I am into Portal web-site intranet Application support.I need a help regarding below problem.

    I am displaying content from web content Management through Web Content Viewer portlet on the portal page.If the content is present in WCM then its working fine.But any one delete the content then on the portal page the portlet is showing "File not Found" error. I want to customize this error.How can I do that?

    Possible solutions:

    1.I came to know that we can use jsp component to render the content.As we have many contents putting many jsps is not the feasible solution. (What I mean was suppose on my portal page I have n web content viewer portlets and each one of them pointing to individual content, then I feel using n jsp's is not a feasible solutions.)

    *So what we did is, *

    we have assigned default content to the Site / Site Area the content belongs to or Site / Site Area - the WCM content Viewer portlet is assigned to? (we provided a custom message in the default content)

    but even after doing this, we are getting the same error "File Not found" instead of displaying the default content.

    Can any one help me what would be the error?

    Regds,

    Anil

  2. Re: default content assigned to SiteArea is not working...

    Double check the security permissions settings.

  3. Re: default content assigned to SiteArea is not working...

    Anil,

    How do you have the WCV portlet configured? Did you select Content for the
    starting point? Did you use a Component?

    Joe

  4. Re: default content assigned to SiteArea is not working...

    On Jun 13, 2:08*pm, joey.c...@kp.org wrote:
    > Double check the security permissions settings.

    this happens when an URL is mistyped inside a content too.
    Is there any tools that can detect this type of error?