RAD,Websphere 6.1 and Application startup order - Websphere

This is a discussion on RAD,Websphere 6.1 and Application startup order - Websphere ; Hello, I have a RAd 7.0.0.6 workspace and WebSphere Platform 6.1 BASE 6.1.0.9 cf90722.41. I have two binary ear files installed in WAS 6.1 using the admin console and I have an Enterprise project added via add remove project dialog ...

  1. RAD,Websphere 6.1 and Application startup order

    Hello, I have a RAd 7.0.0.6 workspace and WebSphere Platform 6.1 BASE 6.1.0.9 cf90722.41.

    I have two binary ear files installed in WAS 6.1 using the admin console and I have an Enterprise project added via add remove project dialog from the servers view in RAD.

    When I try and change the startup order of the Enterprise Project from 1 to 10 it does not change.

    I can change the startup order of a binary enterprise application from 1 to 10 and it works.

    Here is the procedure I follow for both cases:

    From the admin console

    Enterprise Applications

    select "Application" IE IBMUTC

    select "startup behavior"

    change startup order from 1 to 10

    click "apply"

    select "save" from the messages section .

    Enterprise Applications

    select "Application" IE IBMUTC

    if binary (installed ear) 10 as expected

    if Rad project 1 not as expected.

    Is there another mechanism for changing the startup order of Enterprise application in a Rad workspace. Is this s bug? Is this fixed in the latest fix pack?

  2. Re: RAD,Websphere 6.1 and Application startup order

    I opened a PMR with IBM and here is the answer.

    There are two option:

    For managing via the admin Console do the following:

    1) In the Server view, double click the server on which the application is being published.

    2) The Server Overview editor comes up. In the Publishing section, uncheck the option, "Minimize application files copied to the server"

    3) Save the changes (Ctrl+S)

    4) Remove your project from the server

    5) Add your project to the server for the new changes to take effect

    After performing these steps you should be able to change the startup order of your applications.

    For managing startup order and other server setting for a Enterprise Project via Rad

    IBM has introduce the Concept of the Enhanced Ear file (search help). Anyhow go to your ear's j2ee deployment descriptior aka. {enterprise project}/META-INF/application.xml and open an editor. You will see a tab called Deploy. This is where you can change things like startup order, enter jdbc connections etc. If and only if the keep server config in workspace is checked.

    Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread