Clusters on Load Balancer V6.1 - maxservers question - Websphere

This is a discussion on Clusters on Load Balancer V6.1 - maxservers question - Websphere ; Hi This question regards Load Balancer V6.1. Customer would like to define 44 servers in a LB cluster. In LB administration Guide I see that the option maxservers (from configure clusters section) can be overridden. The default per port is ...

  1. Clusters on Load Balancer V6.1 - maxservers question

    Hi

    This question regards Load Balancer V6.1.

    Customer would like to define 44 servers in a LB cluster.

    In LB administration Guide I see that the option maxservers (from configure clusters section) can be overridden. The default per port is 32. Is it possible to override this to a value greater than 32? Is there any limit?

    Thanks, Rebeca.

  2. Re: Clusters on Load Balancer V6.1 - maxservers question

    Hi, in the Load Balancer Administration Guide, when you are created the cluster you can specify the maxservers. The number is not limited to 32, but I am not aware of a maximum. However, there are drawbacks to a large cluster.

    Please see the guide:

    http: //publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.edge.doc/edge/LBguide.htm

    Regards,

    Brian