How do you create a reference to an image in the portal them from the faces managed bean? I am using the Pager Deluxe component to page through a result set, and I would like to replace the images used for the buttons.

The the image paths are attributes of the pager deluxe component.

I would like to generate a string variable in the Faces Managed Bean and bind these attribute values as illustrated above in the attribute srcPrevious.

I have tried using the encode methods available on the PortletExternalContextWrapper class without success.