WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1 - Websphere ; I have configured a Service Integraion Bus with the bus memeber as a Cluster . I configured a queue and its connection factory (both in the same cluster scope.) I deployed an MDB in the clusted and sent nearly 200 ...

  1. WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1

    I have configured a Service Integraion Bus with the bus memeber as a Cluster . I configured a queue and its connection factory (both in the same cluster scope.) I deployed an MDB in the clusted and sent nearly 200 messages to the queue (MDB is listening to.) I noticed that one of the servers (from the cluster) consumes all the messages and if I stop this server in middle of its execution the other server jumps in and start consuming the messages.

    So, bottom line is I was able to sucessfully test the failover for JMS Queue, but not Work Load Management.

    I want is to configure the system in such a way that each server(in the cluster) consumes the message in Round Robin way.

    I think, its just the matter of setting the policy which I do not know how to. Can anyone help.

    Thanks,

    Karephul

  2. Re: WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1

    Hi, Please read this document how to setup the SIBus with WLM:

    http: //www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-sibus/

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1

    Thanks Brian, that link was really helpful.

    After reading this document and other resources, I learned that I cannot get High Availability (Fail over) and Load Balancing (WLM) at the same time for JMS queues using WAS (I am not sure about other Application servers.)

    I will appreciate if you can forward me to a document/ link/ article which explains how to setup SIB with WLM using Admin Console.

    Karephul

  4. Re: WLM for JMS: WAS ND 6.1

    p.s.farwaha@gmail.com wrote:
    > Thanks Brian, that link was really helpful.
    >

    > After reading this document and other resources, I learned that I
    > cannot get High Availability (Fail over) and Load Balancing (WLM) at
    > the same time for JMS queues using WAS (I am not sure about other
    > Application servers.)

    Actually you can. You need to create multiple messaging engines, and
    define policies so that each one prefers a different cluster member.
    That way, you will get WLM across the messaging engines, and each
    messaging engine will fail over to another cluster member as necessary.

+ Reply to Thread