IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS? - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS? - Websphere ; I would like to know: What is a difference between IBM.WMQ and IBM.XMS? When to use WMQ and when XMS? Does WMQ is fully Managed code (.Net)? My application uses WebSphare MQ 6.0 to get and put the messages, in ...

  1. IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS?

    I would like to know:

    What is a difference between IBM.WMQ and IBM.XMS?
    When to use WMQ and when XMS?
    Does WMQ is fully Managed code (.Net)?

    My application uses WebSphare MQ 6.0 to get and put the messages, in this case which one will be best (WMQ or XMS)?

    Please assist.

  2. Re: IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS?

    jolonm@yahoo.com wrote:
    > What is a difference between IBM.WMQ and IBM.XMS?

    IBM.XMS is a JMS-style API for .NET; IBM.WMQ is a WebSphere MQ Classes
    for XXX-style API for .NET.

    > When to use WMQ and when XMS?

    XMS can also interface with some other messaging systems such as SIBus.

    XMS uses the IBM.WMQ classes, so the IBM.WMQ layer is 'thinner' and has
    higher performance.

    Generally I recommend you use whichever API has the programming model
    you prefer.

    > Does WMQ is fully Managed code (.Net)?

    Yes.

    > My application uses WebSphare MQ 6.0 to get and put the messages, in this case which one will be best (WMQ or XMS)?

    Entirely up to you; both are available and supported for that version of
    WebSphere MQ.

    Regards,

    Phil Willoughby
    --
    Staff Software Engineer - IBM WebSphere MQ for z/OS
    Senior Inventor

    IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V6.0
    IBM Certified Solution Designer - WebSphere MQ V6.0
    IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer

  3. Re: IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS?

    One more question:

    As far as I know IBM.WMQ is complied on .Net Framework 1.1, hence is it compatible with .Net Framework 2.0 as well? Application running and coded on .Net Framework 2.0 can directly use IBM.WMQ or it has to use IBM.XMS?

  4. Re: IBM.WMQ or IBM.XMS?

    Looking for one more question answer

+ Reply to Thread