Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1 - Websphere ; Hi Friends , My Company planing to change all applications from Websphere5.0 to Websphere6.1 , will you please tell me what is the key Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1. Thanks, Selva.V...

  1. Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1

    Hi Friends ,

    My Company planing to change all applications from Websphere5.0 to Websphere6.1 ,

    will you please tell me what is the key Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1.

    Thanks,

    Selva.V

  2. Re: Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1

    Hi, First off WebSphere AS v5.0 is no longer supported and has not been for some time. The biggest different is that v6.1 uses J2EE 1.4 and J2SE 5.0. The EJB, Servlet, JMS, JSP, JDBC, etc specifications have been updated. There are also lots of new features, like the Service Integration Bus, caches and timers that did not exist in v5.0. There is also the ability to address more heap memory.

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1

    selvaganapathyv@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Friends ,
    >

    > My Company planing to change all applications from Websphere5.0 to Websphere6.1 ,
    >
    > will you please tell me what is the key Differences between WAS5.0 vs WAS6.1.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >
    > Selva.V

    I suggest that you read the "what's new" section of the infocenter for
    WAS 6.0 and WAS 6.1 ...

+ Reply to Thread