encoding of special characters on WAS and securtiy enabled - Websphere

This is a discussion on encoding of special characters on WAS and securtiy enabled - Websphere ; Hi, we work with WAS6.1.0.9 and security enabled. Users logging on to our custom application running on custom appServer whose passwords contain special characters like German umlaute, are rejected logon. The SystemOut.log shows. 12.06.08 09:55:38:547 CEST 00000057 LTPAServerObj E SECJ0369E: ...

  1. encoding of special characters on WAS and securtiy enabled

    Hi,

    we work with WAS6.1.0.9 and security enabled.

    Users logging on to our custom application running on custom appServer whose passwords contain special characters like German umlaute, are rejected logon.

    The SystemOut.log shows.

    12.06.08 09:55:38:547 CEST 00000057 LTPAServerObj E SECJ0369E: Authentication failed when using LTPA. The exception is .

    12.06.08 09:55:38:563 CEST 00000057 FormLoginExte E SECJ0118E: Authentication error during authentication for user "ACB"

    Despite this, the shoop servlet running on server1 allows those users to logon with their password. I assume we have to change the code pasge or the encoding for the message encoding.

    I tried to set it as described in

    with http://publib.boulder.ibm.c om/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.nd.doc/info/ae/ae/ trun_svr_utf.html

    and changed to UTF-8 which did not solve the issue. But despite this, default ISO-8859-1 should work.

    Any ideas well appreciated.

  2. Re: encoding of special characters on WAS and securtiy enabled

    claudia.bretschneider@de.ibm.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > we work with WAS6.1.0.9 and security enabled.
    >

    > Users logging on to our custom application running on custom appServer whose passwords contain special characters like German umlaute, are rejected logon.
    >

    > Any ideas well appreciated.

    Open a PMR with support.

+ Reply to Thread