regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB - Websphere

This is a discussion on regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB - Websphere ; hello all , I need to configure an external JBoss 4.0 MDB to listen to a queue/topic on a service integration bus on IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND, 6.1.0.13 The default JMS provoder is used on the WAS.I am ...

  1. regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB

    hello all ,

    I need to configure an external JBoss 4.0 MDB to listen to a queue/topic on a service integration bus on IBM WebSphere Application Server - ND, 6.1.0.13

    The default JMS provoder is used on the WAS.I am a newbie to this.Can somebody outline the steps /redirect me to any useful docs or links for this.

    I have scoured the net a lot for this, but unable to find anything really useful or concrete..

    Anything would be ahuge help.

    Regards.

  2. Re: regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB

    Hi, You need to use a JMS Client. Please see:

    http: //www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24012804

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB

    Brian ,

    Thanks for this..however I dont think I need a JMS client ..I already have an MDB configured in my application running on jboss .I need to configure this jboss MDB to listen to a Queue on WAS ND 6.0 server integration bus , which is using Default JMS provider (instead of Websphere MQ ) .I am trying to find out these things:

    1. what jars from WAS ND , do i need to include in my jboss server lib for this?

    2. Are there any support pacs I might need ?

    3.Are there any other settings I need to do.

    The usecase is tat I need to pull some data from an external application running on WAS ND 6 into my application running on Jboss 4 , and My application uses

    JMS and MDB for this , in general.Is there any other approach which I could take for this.

    I hope I am making some sense , or am I missing something here

    Regards.

  4. Re: regarding configuring WAS ND with JBoss MDB

    Hi, you are using the internal MQ processing within WebSphere. You need the client to access the SIBus, otherwise you need a full blown version of WMQ.

    Regards,

    Brian

+ Reply to Thread