I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet - Websphere

This is a discussion on I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet - Websphere ; Hi All, Feeling a bit stupid but am very new to WebSphere Portal Express 6. I had issues after adding the Weather portlet to my portal and when I deleted it I accidentally deleted the Announcements portlet. I need to ...

  1. I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    Hi All,

    Feeling a bit stupid but am very new to WebSphere Portal Express 6. I had issues after adding the Weather portlet to my portal and when I deleted it I accidentally deleted the Announcements portlet. I need to reinstate and I have no idea how. I have search for an answer everywhere so I apologise if the question seems stupid.

    Any help greatly appreciated as I need to demo this product to a client,

    Jude

  2. Re: I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    it should be available under installableApps you would just need to reinstall the portlet

  3. Re: I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    HI Jim,

    I am still a bit in the dark with all of this. I have VM'd to the server and located the installableApps folder. What would I be looking for to assist with reinstallation of the Announcements portlet.

    Thanks,

    Jude

  4. Re: I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    maybe I am a little confused which portlet are you missing? I do not see an announcement portlet in my portal at all

  5. Re: I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    It was part of the JumpStart Intranet example in my WebSphere Portal Express 6 installation. It was in the top left hand side of the home page.

  6. Re: I have accidentally deleted Announcements Portlet

    well it looks like it was a WCm portlet did you just uninstall it from the page or did you uninstall WCM?