Developing a portlet that saves permanent files locally - Websphere

This is a discussion on Developing a portlet that saves permanent files locally - Websphere ; Alright, I went ahead and started developing a different implementation of SimpleHtmlRenderer because of the issue with the temporary saving. I have it presently set up so that it mirrors the SimpleHtmlRenderer interface, but with the back-end code rewritten. So, ...

  1. Developing a portlet that saves permanent files locally

    Alright, I went ahead and started developing a different implementation of SimpleHtmlRenderer because of the issue with the temporary saving. I have it presently set up so that it mirrors the SimpleHtmlRenderer interface, but with the back-end code rewritten.

    So, I was wondering: does anyone here know a valid system of creating permanent files accessible to portlets on the portal server?

    I also want to know the possibility of adding unique ids to each permanent file. If I created an HTML page and wanted to save it in a location where it exists as a permanent static html file and exists in such a way so that if you copy the portlet the two instances save the file in a different location, how would I do so?

    I apologize if my question seems confusing, I don't have much knowledge of the way Portal operates.

  2. Re: Developing a portlet that saves permanent files locally

    it would be best to save these to JCR, or WCM

  3. Re: Developing a portlet that saves permanent files locally

    Alright, I will look into both options.

    Thanks for the information!

+ Reply to Thread