steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack - Websphere

This is a discussion on steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack - Websphere ; Hi, Update installer tool was already installed in one of our server. I have apply a fix pack for WAS6.1. I have placed the *.pak (only one pak file) file under maintenance folder. After than I have run the the ...

  1. steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    Hi,

    Update installer tool was already installed in one of our server. I have apply a fix pack for WAS6.1. I have placed the *.pak (only one pak file) file under maintenance folder. After than I have run the the below command and didn't run successfully? Also please let me know how can i confirm the patch is updated in WAS after succfully running of update installer

    /update.sh –options “responsefiles/install.txt”

    Please help me to resolve this error.

    Thanks,

    Rama

  2. Re: steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    Hi, It would help if you listed the error(s) that you received. Just placing the FixPak in a directory does nothing unless you setup the response file correctly. If you were planning to install the FixPak without the GUI,then you need the -silent flag. There are directions on how to install a FixPak with the Update Installer.

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    You can run the versionInfo program from the server bin directory to find the installed version.

    If you are trying to upgrade from 6.1.0.3~9, to a later version, the upgrade will fail. You will need to install 6.1 (base) and then perform the upgrade.

  4. Re: steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    Hi Brian,

    Thanking you for your email. I was trying to apply a WAS patch fix in dev region before applying in production I didn

    t able to install in dev region and have got the error which I mailed you .

    I have to give instructions to a consultant, who has root access and going to update a fix in production boxes.

    Please note the production boxes are outsourced to a company and they are maintaining all our production boxes.

    I cannot apply a patch on my own.

    Please find th myinstall.txt which I have made changes and the instructions which I am going to send that consultant

    Please note WAS (Product install location) is /opt/websphere/v6_1/AppServer. I didn't give any maintanance package location. Update command will pick the .pak file from the

    maintanance package by default.

    Please upgrade the WAS6.1 software. The installation instructions are as follows:

    1. login as root

    2. You can find the pak file in /opt/wasadmin/was6.1fix/

    ecureppmr4040687,019,866mail20071219-190525-1167450_Phu_M_Dinh6.1.0.9-WS-WAS-TF PMR40687.pak

    3. Copy this file in /opt/websphere/v6_1/UpdateInstaller/maintenance/

    4. Stop all Java processes on the machine that use the IBM SDK, Java Technology Edition that Web Sphere Application Server.

    5. Go to the /opt/websphere/v6_1/UpdateInstaller/

    6. run the following command

    ./update.sh -options "responsefiles/install.txt" -silent

    7. Review the log file to verify maintenance has been installed successfully.

    8. Please follow the same steps for other other servers.

    A great helpful to me if you review and give your suggestions asap. Also please give me the steps to update the patch using GUI mode too.

    Looking forward for your guidance and help.

    Thankx in Advance,

    Rama

  5. Re: steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    Your response file does not specify the maintenance packs that you want to install. The documentation in the file explains how to do it.

    You have it commented out.

    #-W maintenance.package=

  6. Re: steps to apply a WAS6.1 fix pack

    On Jun 13, 9:24*am, robert.b...@icfconsulting.com wrote:
    > Your response file does not specify the maintenance packs that you want toinstall. The documentation in the file explains how to do it.
    >
    > You have it commented out.
    >
    > #-W maintenance.package=

    1. login as root

    2. You can find the pak file in /opt/wasadmin/was6.1fix/

    ecureppmr4040687,019,866mail20071219-190525-1167450_Phu_M_Dinh6.1.0.9-
    WS-WA*S-TF PMR40687.pak
    -- Do this patch supports your existing updateinstaller version? Check
    it first.

    3. Copy this file in /opt/websphere/v6_1/UpdateInstaller/
    maintenance/
    -- Check the UpdateInstaller_HOME once again.

    4. Stop all Java processes on the machine that use the IBM SDK, Java
    Technology Edition that Web Sphere Application Server.

    5. Go to the /opt/websphere/v6_1/UpdateInstaller/

    6. run the following command

    ./update.sh -options "responsefiles/install.txt" -silent

    7. Review the log file to verify maintenance has been installed
    successfully.

    WebSphereInstPath/logs/update/.install

    8. Please follow the same steps for other other servers.

+ Reply to Thread