How to find the number of hits for a portal page without writingany code.. - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to find the number of hits for a portal page without writingany code.. - Websphere ; Hi, we've a portal page and we want to know the number of hits occured for that page. As we are using a Web Content Management, there is no code involved in this, every content is from WCM and PDM. ...

  1. How to find the number of hits for a portal page without writingany code..

    Hi,

    we've a portal page and we want to know the number of hits occured for that page. As we are using a Web Content Management, there is no code involved in this, every content is from WCM and PDM.

    Regds,

    Anil

  2. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page withoutwriting any co

    have you looked at site analyzer ?

  3. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page without writingany co

    On Jun 11, 6:29 pm, Jim Barnes wrote:
    > have you looked at site analyzer ?
    >
    > IBM Certified System Administrator -- WebSphere Portal V6.0, V5.1, V5.0
    >
    > IBM Certified Solution Developer -- WebSphere Portal V5.1, v6.0
    >
    > The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM

    I thnk web site analyser has such reports.
    but - i heard that it no longer comes bundled with ibm-web sphere
    portal extend 6.0 onwards. before 6.0 it was bundled in portal itself.

  4. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page withoutwriting any code..

    Hi,

    Tivoli site analyzer is an external software which we need to configure it with our portal server. But we need a solution with out using any external tools.

    Can we use Cache Monitor for this scenario. If so, can you please explain how to use that cache monitor for a portal page.

    Regds,

    Anil

  5. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page withoutwriting any co

    cache monitor would not work

    well you can turn on the site analysis logs and portal and you should be at least able to see the page titles in the logs, you could then choose to parse it yourself if you wanted.

  6. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page withoutwriting any code..

    Hi,

    I think configurting site analysis with portal server 5.1 is slightly different from portal server 6.0v. How to turn on the site analysis logs in Portal server v6.0?

    Regds,

    Anil

  7. Re: How to find the number of hits for a portal page withoutwriting any co

    well you have to options in 6.0

    set it to a properties file and then run a config task

    or set it via the was admin console

    see here

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce.../adsetcfg.html