IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected - Websphere ; I tried the jacl script to change BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS PORT. The jacl code is from http://publib.bould er.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/i nfo/aes/ae/txml_launchscript.html It runs without error but the port of server1 does not change to 2810. Any ideas?...

  1. IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    I tried the jacl script to change BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS PORT. The jacl code is from http://publib.bould er.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/i nfo/aes/ae/txml_launchscript.html

    It runs without error but the port of server1 does not change to 2810.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    Hi,

    You need to save the configuration.

    $AdminConfig save

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    I did save it "$AdminConfig save" at the end and synchronized the node. The port did not change.

    Please advise.

  4. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    please post the command you used.

    Regards,

    Brian

  5. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    Here is the code (in a jacl file)

    set s $AdminConfig getid /Cell:cs2ipi02Network/Node:cs2ipi02/Server:server1/

    set ns $AdminConfig list NameServer $s

    $AdminConfig modify $ns {{BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS {{port 19810} {host cs2ipi02}}}}

    $AdminConfig save

  6. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    Hi, you code looks correct. However, try this code which will output your current configuration and new configuration

    set server \[$AdminConfig getid /Server:server1/\]
    set nameServer \[$AdminConfig list NameServer $s\]
    set bootstrapAddress \[$AdminConfig showAttribute $nameServer BOOTSTRAP_ADDRESS\]
    set config \[$AdminConfig showall $bootstrapAddress\]
    puts "current configuration:\n$config"

    $AdminConfig modify $bootstrapAddress { { port 2810 } { host localhost } }
    $AdminConfig save

    set config \[$AdminConfig showall $bootstrapAddress\]
    puts "new configuration:\n$config"

  7. Re: IBM JACL Example Not Work As Expected

    Hi Brian,

    I added the puts code and I can see the BOOTSTRAP port has been changed successfully

    Thanks very much!

+ Reply to Thread