How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL - Websphere ; I have genereted EngineURL to faces portlet on a page ,passing one parameter in Map. I have assigned unique name to portletwindow thru xmlaccess as well. but i dont know where and how to get this parameter in faces portlet....

  1. How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    I have genereted EngineURL to faces portlet on a page ,passing one parameter in Map. I have assigned unique name to portletwindow thru xmlaccess as well. but i dont know where and how to get this parameter in faces portlet.

  2. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    renderrequest.getParameter("paramname");

  3. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    I tried to get parameter on initial jsp of faces portlet through renredRequest.but it returns null.

    In case of basic JSR 168 portlet, we get parameter in doView() mathod. Do i need to write doView() method in faces portlet here? please suggest me some solution..

  4. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    you should not have to write a doview as far as I know, but the most common reason is that the url is not created correctly, can you send a export of the page, and the code that creates the engine url?

  5. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    sorry it was mistake in url generation only.I could get it on jsp. But now i am not able to pass it to pagecodebase on form submit. what can be the simplest way to to get in pagecodebase ?

  6. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    so the jsp in the portlet works fine, in the pagecodebase have you tried getting the portlet request out?

  7. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    0)

    trackingid=Random[0];

    System.out.print("Tracking Id :" + trackingid);

    2. Using PortletSession :

    In jsp :

    PortletRequest portletRequest= (PortletRequest)renderRequest;

    String trackingid= portletRequest.getPortletSession.setAttribute("trackingid",randomno);

    In pagecodebase:

    PortletRequest portletRequest=(PortletRequest)getFacesContext().g etExternalContext.getRequest();

    String trackingid= portletRequest.getPortletSession.getAttribute("trackingid");

    Can we pass it using hidden field in . but it doesn't accept runtime expression as value.

  8. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    can you please post the created url as well as the xmlaccess of the page?

  9. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    Actually now problem is not with url as i am geting parameter on initial jsp of target faces portlet. Now on form submit i want to pass it to backend through pagecodebase. so how it can be passed fron jsp to pagecodebase?

  10. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    if you are getting them in the jsp, then submitting a form you will need to hold on to them as hidden inputs

  11. Re: How to recieve parameters in faces portlet sent thru EngineURL

    yes i tried to do that.but it throws exception that value cannot be runtime expression.

    f:inputhidden name="trackingid" value='

+ Reply to Thread