Creating WebSphere Portal users in LDAP directly? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Creating WebSphere Portal users in LDAP directly? - Websphere ; Hi experts, I have a registration portlet in Portal Server A that needs to create users for another Portal Server B connected to a LDAP. Can I create the users directly in LDAP so that the WMM in Portal Server ...

  1. Creating WebSphere Portal users in LDAP directly?

    Hi experts,

    I have a registration portlet in Portal Server A that needs to create users for another Portal Server B connected to a LDAP. Can I create the users directly in LDAP so that the WMM in Portal Server B can 'pick it' up? Must i use PUMA? If so, how can I use the PUMA service on Portal Server B from Portal Server A?

    Regards

  2. Re: Creating WebSphere Portal users in LDAP directly?

    Hi

    You can create them direct in LDAP. The importance to know is that some caches at the remote server are not update and need to timeout first. The most important cache is the cache for the membership of a user, but this one should not be a problem as you are creating a new user.

    For Portal 6.1 there will be a REST service for PUMA which would allow you to perform this action remote.

+ Reply to Thread