Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1 - Websphere ; I am using the launchpad to create a new profile (Cell - new deployment manager and federated application server). Ok , so the wizard asks me all the questions, and then at the end of the wizard, the message is ...

  1. Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1

    I am using the launchpad to create a new profile (Cell - new
    deployment manager and federated application server). Ok , so the
    wizard asks me all the questions, and then at the end of the wizard,
    the message is that the profile creation failed.

    I look at the logs for the application server profile in \logs
    \manageprofiles

    Here is the tail of the log. Yes I notice the INSTCONFFAILED
    message... which tells me the installation failed. (Yes of course).

    2008-06-02T15:36:34
    1212435394713
    8236
    com.ibm.ws.profile.cli.WSProfileCLICreateProfileIn voker logger>
    SEVERE
    com.ibm.ws.profile.cli.WSProfileCLICreateProfileIn voker class>
    executeWSProfileAccordingToMode
    11
    INSTCONFFAILED: The profile could not be created. For more
    information, consult the d:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\logs\manageprofiles
    \NAVYAppSrv01_create.log file.

    2008-06-02T15:36:34
    1212435394729
    8237
    com.ibm.wsspi.profile.WSProfileCLI
    INFO
    com.ibm.wsspi.profile.WSProfileCLI
    invokeWSProfile
    11
    Returning with return code: INSTCONFFAILED

    Another message earlier in the log says that the wsadmin return code
    of 103:

    2008-06-02T15:36:34
    1212435394604
    8184

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter logger>
    INFO

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter class>
    messageLogged
    11
    Failure detected in fatal config action.

    2008-06-02T15:36:34
    1212435394604
    8185

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter logger>
    INFO

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter class>
    messageLogged
    11
    Signalling wsadmin listener to stop.

    2008-06-02T15:36:34
    1212435394604
    8186

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter logger>
    INFO

    com.ibm.ws.install.configmanager.actionengine.ant. utils.ANTLogToCmtLogAdapter class>
    messageLogged
    11
    wsadmin failed with exception = wsadmin task failed with
    return code :103

    Help...I've tried using different profile and cell names and they all
    return the same error message.
    I did notice the deployment manager profile creat returned :

    2008-06-02T15:36:03
    1212435363182
    6207
    com.ibm.ws.profile.cli.WSProfileCLICreateProfileIn voker logger>
    WARNING
    com.ibm.ws.profile.cli.WSProfileCLICreateProfileIn voker class>
    executeWSProfileAccordingToMode
    11
    INSTCONFPARTIALSUCCESS: The profile now exists, but errors
    occurred. For more information, consult d:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer\logs
    \manageprofiles\NAVYDmgr01_create.log.

    2008-06-02T15:36:03
    1212435363182
    6208
    com.ibm.wsspi.profile.WSProfileCLI
    INFO
    com.ibm.wsspi.profile.WSProfileCLI
    invokeWSProfile
    11
    Returning with return code: INSTCONFPARTIALSUCCESS message>

    Thanks in advance...
    -Roger

  2. Re: Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1

    Hi,
    Would it be possible to upload the complete profile creation log? Or
    to send it by email. It could be that the wsadmin listener failed to
    initialize properly.

  3. Re: Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1

    Jean,
    Where can I sent it to? The log is a large file...
    Thanks,
    -Roger

    On Jun 3, 8:40*am, jean.abraham...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    > *Would it be possible to upload the complete profile creation log? Or
    > to send it by email. It could be that the wsadmin listener failed to
    > initialize properly.

  4. Re: Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1

    you can send it to : jean.abraham.is@gmail.com

    On Jun 3, 10:33 am, RogerF wrote:
    > Jean,
    > Where can I sent it to? The log is a large file...
    > Thanks,
    > -Roger
    >
    > On Jun 3, 8:40 am, jean.abraham...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > > Would it be possible to upload the complete profile creation log? Or
    > > to send it by email. It could be that the wsadmin listener failed to
    > > initialize properly.

  5. Re: Profile creation fails - WS ND 6.1

    Actually can you zip up and send the whole logs directory under
    WebSphere home, rather than just that one profile creation log.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread