How to rename node agent in WAS 5.1? - Websphere

This is a discussion on How to rename node agent in WAS 5.1? - Websphere ; Hi, I have found that some documents in this forum discussing how to rename a computer name in which a WAS 5.1 installed. I followed the steps which add an alias to host file such that the alias points to ...

  1. How to rename node agent in WAS 5.1?

    Hi,

    I have found that some documents in this forum discussing how to rename a computer name in which a WAS 5.1 installed. I followed the steps which add an alias to host file such that the alias points to the old computer name. The Network Deployment was started and I could login the admin console.

    However, when I tried to start app server, it stated that the node agent on node "old computer name" is not active. The server cannot be started.

    I guess the old computer name was rememebered when the node agent/app server was created.

    Does anyone know how to fix this?

    Any opinions are welcome and appreciate.

    Thanks,

    Raymond

  2. Re: How to rename node agent in WAS 5.1?

    Hi, Did you change the hostname using JACL/Jython?

    http: //www.ibm.com/developerworks/websphere/library/samples/SampleScripts.html

    If so, then I would recommend to unfederate the node agent using the old host name, which means you will have to change the name of the hostname on the current system. Afterwards, change the hostname to the name you want and federate the node. Of course, you will still need to use the correct script to change the hostname within the WebSphere XML configuration files.

    Regards,

    Brian

  3. Re: How to rename node agent in WAS 5.1?

    Properties.....) Is it not a correct step?

    Then does it mean there is no easy step of changing the computer name

    and node agent name?

    Please kindly help! (I am still in office now...

    Thanks in advance,

    Raymond

+ Reply to Thread