Not able to install Websphere Application Server fixpack version6.0.2.23 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Not able to install Websphere Application Server fixpack version6.0.2.23 - Websphere ; I have IBM Websphere Application Server Version 6.0.2 and need to upgrade this with latest fixpack version 6.0.2.23 I downloaded the fixpack from the link : http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24016281 - (32-bit x86 AMD/Intel AppServer) and Update Installer V6.1.0.15 from the link http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24012718 ...

  1. Not able to install Websphere Application Server fixpack version6.0.2.23

    I have IBM Websphere Application Server Version 6.0.2 and need to upgrade this with latest fixpack version 6.0.2.23

    I downloaded the fixpack from the link :

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24016281 - (32-bit x86 AMD/Intel AppServer)

    and Update Installer V6.1.0.15 from the link

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=swg24012718 for Windows

    Steps I followed:

    Install the update installer.

    placed the fixpack (.pak) file in updateinstaller/maintenance folder.

    Run Update installer in GUI mode.
    Now, Update installer is extracting the .pak file but the select box before the file name is disabled (also the text display next to fixpack file 'Not Applicable'. 'Next' button is also disable.

    Please suggest some solution to install this fix pack.

  2. Re: Not able to install Websphere Application Server fixpack version6.0.2.23

    Hi,

    I know it's an awfully long time since this was first posted, but I wondered if anyone had a solution to this problem.

    we've just installed 64-bit WebSphere 7 in a Windows 2008 environment and are getting exactly the same problem (i.e. fix packs greyed out and identified as Not Available).

    Thanks.

  3. hey readout carefully

    hi i am vinod

    if you want to install fix pack first you have to install update installer in your system it allows to install any fix pack on your system and it should have a more version no than your currently installed version of application server after that you have to install install.exe that is fix pack installation as you said 6.0.2.23

    so you do one thing
    1)first download update installer it may be version 7 and install it in your system
    2)download application server 6.0.2.23 i.e. fix pack installation and install it using install.exe like launchpad

    then you get to know successfully installed fix pack by checking the version information, however,
    before installation of fix pack you have to find version of WAS by using versionInfo command on command prompt in WAS-root and note that version no. i.e 6.0.2
    after installation also you do same thing then you would find the version as 6.0.2.23

    and let me know the above method is correct or wrong once you done

    thanks ,
    bala

  4. Re: Not able to install Websphere Application Server fixpack version6.0.2.23

[...]

+ Reply to Thread