IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy - Websphere

This is a discussion on IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy - Websphere ; Custom properties com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.service.ContentAccessServ iceImpl.proxy.http.host myActualProxy.com com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.service.ContentAccessServ iceImpl.proxy.http.port 80 I restarted Portal and still received the same result. Any suggestions?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

  1. IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Custom properties

    com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.service.ContentAccessServ iceImpl.proxy.http.host myActualProxy.com

    com.ibm.wps.pe.pc.legacy.service.ContentAccessServ iceImpl.proxy.http.port 80

    I restarted Portal and still received the same result. Any suggestions?

  2. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Also, I don't need authentication for the proxy.

  3. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    try deleting this param

    http.proxyCredentialSlotName

    from the properties file

  4. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Are you able to ping the proxy server from the Portal server?

  5. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    I removed the param as suggested, but no change.

    I am using Portal 6.0.1.3 and WAS 6.0.2.25.

  6. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    I guess I don't know how to ping the proxy server from the Portal server. Can you describe how to do so?

  7. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Custom properties in the admin console would have updated this file?

    At this point I have proxy info set in the proxy.properties of the .war, in the PortletServiceRegistryService.properties, and in admin console as mentioned above. However, I still receive the same issue as originally posted. Am I doing the proxy settings correctly or is there a different issue here? Thanks.

  8. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    I'm not sure of the OS you're using, if its windows, open up a command prompt and type in "ping " replacing proxy hostname with the IP address or DNS entry of the proxy.

    The ping command also works in Linux.

  9. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    It's Windows. I am familiar with the typical ping...and this works. I used the same proxy for all of the Portal settings that is setup in my browser. However, you had mentioned pinging it from the Portal Server which I did not understand.

  10. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Dear Zach C,

    I have this working on my portal servers. Go to Credential Vault section, select 'add vault slot' and put the following values for the various parameters:

    Vault: default-release

    Vault Slot Name: gadgetslot

    vault segment name: DefaultAdminSegment

    Resource:gadgetslot

    Note: Ensure that you put login id/password which works for accessing internet from your network.

    In proxy.properties file, enter this value 'gadgetslot' for http.proxyCredentialSlotName parameter which you had left blank.

    Ensure that you restart the portal server.

    I am sure this would work.

  11. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    I tried as you suggested and I am still unable to access Google (see original screen shot). I did not select "Vault slot is shared" since that requires a user name and password which I do not need for proxy authentication.

    The bottom line for me so far is I am unable to access Internet content whether it's thru RSS, Google Gadgets, or even Web Clipping. Hmmmm?

  12. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Hi all,
    I've the same issue, does anyone have found a workaround for that?

    Thanx.

  13. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    In our experiences even if you don't *need* authentication for the proxy server, Portal isn't happy unless you give it some credentials anyway.

    We don't require authentication to our proxy server wither, but we created a "dummy" slot and just put foo/bar as the username/password pair and everything was fine after that.

  14. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    replace wither/either - dumb typo, sorry.

  15. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Thanks for the suggestion, but no way (I've tried also with real credentials for the proxy, but it'doesn't works).

    The strange thing is that from my portal server I can navigate also without a proxy and can reach google pages, but I get the same result (the page attached to zach's post) even if I set +http.proxyEnabled = false+ in the proxy.properties.

  16. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    I'v solved uninstalling and re-installing the portlet, now it works, but I'm facing another problem, I get a +NumberFormatException+ when I select a gadget (and the portlet becomes unavailable)...

  17. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Hi Erol, any solutions for your google gadget problem? Cause I'm having the same problem too. The select portlet screen seem to have problem, very odd layout for the google gadgets. When I select my google gadget, the next page I see the "portlet is not available" screen. But when I back, I can see the google gadget working finely in the portlet only problem is I if want reconfigure the google gadget properties or change google gadget, I can't cause the portlet throws me the "portlet not available" screen. Any workaround, anyone?

  18. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Hi yathow,
    it seems that the problem should be related to a preference called "+googleGadget_num_UserPrefs+", which comes from the request as a zero-length string (""), instead of a string containig a numeric value.
    This cause, in the class +com.ibm.wps.portlets.gadget.IntegratedGadgetPortl et+ method +saveGadget+ that an +Integer.parseInt(...)+ throws the +java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: ""+...
    (This happen also in the edit.jsp and in the config.jsp)
    ...at least this is what I can see in my SystemOut.log.

    I found no workaround at the moment, so I decided to open a PMR to IBM, now I'm waiting for their reply.
    I'll let you know if they find a solution for that.

    Erol

  19. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Guys I configured the same portlet, it works, but for the first time when I choose a gadget, after that if I go to Personlize, Edit Shared Settings or Configure mode, all it says "Portlet Unavailable". Saw the logs, it says : NumberFormatException, earlier it was Credential vault exception when I didn't had a vault slot configured, after I did configure one, now the exception is NumberFormatException.

    Andrew & Sayedmih are correct.

    Erol, please do tell me when you have an update on the PMR with IBM.

    Thanks Guys..

  20. Re: IBM Portlet for Google Gadgets and Proxy

    Hi guys,
    It seems that the problem comes with the feed received from Google, they are still working on that and they couldn't estimate how much time it will take to achieve a solution.

    We've to wait...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast